bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

What The 1990s Tell Us About The Next Housing Bust
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowlyrenter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You are wasting your effort trying to reason with idiot renters. Spend your energy helping yourself, your family and your friends.

Not everyone is able to or wants to buy or "own" a house so calling a vast swath of the population - those who currently or permanently rent out of necessity, desire, or inability to purchase in one of the most expensive cities in the country - "idiots" is unnecessary, mean-spirited and insulting. All humans need shelter, just as they need air, food and water. Some live in castles, some live in penthouses, some live in trailer parks, some rent from slumlords in tiny, dumpy apartments and some stay at the Pine Street Inn. Oh and this time of year, some freeze to death huddling under bridges.

"There but for the grace of God go I".

Merry Christmas, indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowlyrenter wrote:
Quote:

You are wasting your effort trying to reason with idiot renters. Spend your energy helping yourself, your family and your friends.

Not everyone is able to or wants to buy or "own" a house so calling a vast swath of the population - those who currently or permanently rent out of necessity, desire, or inability to purchase in one of the most expensive cities in the country - "idiots" is unnecessary, mean-spirited and insulting. All humans need shelter, just as they need air, food and water. Some live in castles, some live in penthouses, some live in trailer parks, some rent from slumlords in tiny, dumpy apartments and some stay at the Pine Street Inn. Oh and this time of year, some freeze to death huddling under bridges.

Merry Christmas, indeed.

I think the guy you're responding to (the "idiot renter" guy) is on your side.
But I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well stated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamhenry wrote:
And now I console myself just renting a home so sad to me. Work hard to get home soon, but my neighbor upset me it's impossible to buy a home for me.
I accept their challenge.

Don't be sad. This is America, where hard work goes a long way. I know many of people from Central America who worked 3 jobs just to save up enough to buy a home. I know many lazy 4th and 5th generation Americans, too. They will never buy a home.
RealEstateCafe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did today's 800 point stock market plunge cause Boston Bubble readers any disorientation? Tomorrow marks the 50 Anniversary of Woodstock, what a long strange trip it's been:

FLASHBACK 1: Nine months ago, one of the comments on this thread read:

Quote:
Nice article, but everyone thinks/acts on nominal prices. Nominal prices will continue to rise until the next recession, but no one really knows when that will happen.

FLASHBACK 2: Eleven and a half years ago, an email that linked to Zillow Quarterly Reports read:

"39% of Americans who bought a home in 2006, and 30% of those who purchased in 2007, now have negative home equity--meaning they owe more on their mortgage than their home is currently worth."

But fear not, iBuyers (have you read about them yet?) will save us -- wait, you mean their business models only work if prices are rising? Get ready for decade long Great Senior Sell-Off?

FLASHBACK 3: Six months ago, demographers warned us it was coming:

http://bit.ly/SrSellOff
97a Garden St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-661-4046
realestatecafe@gmail.com
http://realestatecafe.com/blog
http://twitter.com/RealEstateCafe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.