bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Is it just me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srepmap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:52 am GMT    Post subject: Is it just me? Reply with quote

Or are the housing prices in greater Boston absurd? When I first began househunting in 2003, I wanted to spit nails when I saw the prices. Since then, things have only gotten worse. The prices have come down a little in the past year, but not much. How can a couple that grosses about $80,000 own a house like the one they grew up in . . . that house on a quiet street, with a two-car garage and a fenced in yard? They can't! My husband and I bought a two-family house in Revere so that the rental income would offset the mortgage a little bit. We have a large, beautiful house, but we can barely pay our bills. We've always wanted to a build a house but a piece of land costs $300,000 - which is the maximum we could afford for the house plus the land. If we didn't have so much family here, we would have moved along time ago . . . to somewhere where we could afford a single family house in a nice neighborhood. Is anyone else feeling a frustrated as I am?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is anyone else feeling a frustrated as I am?

That's probably why many people are here. Prices in Massachusetts are much higher than usual relative to incomes, so your frustration would seem justified. I wouldn't fret too much, though - price declines are getting steeper every month and time is on the side of buyers as nobody has to buy but some people do have to sell.

- admin
Booba

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Yes, time is on our side. We just need to be patient Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Quote:
Is anyone else feeling a frustrated as I am?

That's probably why many people are here. Prices in Massachusetts are much higher than usual relative to incomes, so your frustration would seem justified. I wouldn't fret too much, though - price declines are getting steeper every month and time is on the side of buyers as nobody has to buy but some people do have to sell.

- admin

Yeah, I completely agree! We just need a patience!
Although, MA Goverment is so eager to keep the prices as high as possible Confused by putting "moratorium" on foreclosure and going to "bail out" irresponsible borrowers.
Dorchester grandma

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:17 pm GMT    Post subject: If it is priced right Reply with quote

My realtor tells me that if a property is priced right it sells and he seems to be correct. I saw a very attractive single family which was selling for $175 (bank owned, in Lynn). Yes it needed work but the neighborhood was nice, it had a yard and a fireplace. It had just gone on the market and was sold in two days.

Unfortunately I was unable to see it immediately due to my work schedule and I know that I could not win a bidding war anyway because buying alone, I have limited resources.

If more properties were priced right then there would not be so many competing for one house. Nothing has changed for all practical purposes. It is still tough out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.