bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

The auction that wasn't!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:09 pm GMT    Post subject: The auction that wasn't! Reply with quote

I went to an auction and no one showed up except for me. Let me give you a disclaimer, the auction was scheduled at 9:00 am, Monday morning during the snowstorm. I figured the auction would be canceled, but to make sure I called the attorneys handling it. They said it had not been canceled and would go on, so I went.

I got to the site around 8:50 am and waited. By 9:12, the only people I saw were some plow truck drivers, a few residents and one guy that just drove by and didn't slow down, probably another resident think, what is this idiot doing standing around in the snow. Idon't feel too bad, he was wearing a sleeveless sweater.

Feeling like an idiot I called the attorneys office again. They said it was still on. I asked them to call the auctioneer or who ever was suppose to show up and make sure. A few minutes later they tell me that he is delayed and will be there in about 10 minutes and to please wait.

I few more minutes go by and I call them back to ask a really stupid question. Am I in the right spot. They say yes and to please be patient and wait. A few more phone calls and it is 11:20 am. I give up and go home. (Anyone looking for dedicated idiot. (I am already happily married.)) At least the plow truck driver I talked to got a laugh.

I go home, take a warm shower. Standing around for 2 1/2 hours with nothing to do other then kick snow off the front steps, during a snowstorm, isn't the best way to stay warm.

I called the attorneys again a few times and eventually get someone who told me that the representative(s) showed up at nine thirty something. I give them a hard time. The only footprints in the front of the property were mine. I eventually get a hold of the auctioneers. They tell me that the representative(s) were there at ten minutes before nine. (Thank goodness I am happily married to offset the rest of my life.)

No part of this story is made up, especially the happily married part.

Regards,
Jim F.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If their is no equity in a home,
which is usually the case ,
no one shows up .

Same thing that happened to you
has happened to me , and many others .

They just lie , and pretend they were there .

The auction has simply become a phantom formality .

The bold face lying right to you
is what irks the heck out of you .
Jim F.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Still happily married Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Same thing that happened to you
has happened to me , and many others .

The bold face lying right to you
is what irks the heck out of you .

I am already done with the irked. I just think stuff like this will just make the problem worse. For an economy to work, trades have to occur.

The lawers and auctioneers made money on the auction that never was. But they didn't even sell the property. Do that enough times and you put another company out of business. Do that too many times and cripple an economy. Once a business dies from lack of business, there is a lot of time, energy and money required to replace it.

What actioneer irked you? If you don't mind me asking.

Regards,
Jim F.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot remember which one it was .

It has likely been more than one.

I have attended dozens of auctions over the years
and this has happened several times .

Sometimes it's a case of the auction being cancelled
at the last second , and I didnt know .

More often than you think ,
a "pretend" auction happens .

The auction company pretends they held an auction
and the Bank rep or law firm pretends he, it was there ,
and was the high bidder .

It saves on GAS this way .

You do know the lawyer and auction company
are often affiliated .

Bay State Auction for example
works with the same Law firm over and over .

Unless a house has equity ,
which you determine by looking at the mortgage
at the Registry of Deeds site (or similar)
dont bother showing up ,
because no one else will be there .
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.