bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Real victim?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard Rain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Real victim? Reply with quote

"“After renting an apartment in Chelsea for 16 years, Alarcon bought a house for about $330,000 four years ago. She used $35,000, her life savings, as a down payment. She received an adjustable rate mortgage from a local bank, but it was not considered a subprime loan.”

“The mortgage payment first was $2,000 per month. After two years, the interest rate adjusted, and the payment climbed to $2,300. It then adjusted again, hitting $2,700 last year, she said.”

“At the same time, business at her restaurant also declined, greatly reducing her salary, she said…She sees little hope in reversing her misfortune. ‘I saved for 20 years to buy a house,’ Alarcon said. ‘Now I have nothing.’”

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/03/06/in_one_year_foreclosure_rate_tripled/

Sounded good, hard working immigrant loses life savings reaching for the American dream, Unfortunately it appears to be a flip gone bad. First flip netted a quick 30k in 2002, bought a property for 365k in June and sold one month later for 395k. Worst case scenario she loses the money she made on the first flip. I'll keep looking.....
SD1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Globe Reporting Reply with quote

What strikes me is why if you can do such a simple backround check to discover the previous flipping, why the globe missed it? Did they not look, did they find it and ignore it. Are they biased due to ad revenues? This has got to be some of the worst journalism ever.
Booba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? I'm also hard-working immigrant, so what? I'm not "in trouble" simply because I didn't buy what I could not afford!
It's a good idea for any "hardworking immigrants" to keep two things in mind:
1) It helps if you use your brains, at least from time to time, especually when you make major financial transactions
2) You must clearly understand nothing is free here. If people who clearly make more then you don't buy those houses they probably have a point' huh?
3) It helps if you speak and read English, not only hable Esponiol! It will help you to read and understand what you are going to sign. The see rule number 1!
I fed up listening to stories about idiots immigrants that make $10 per hour, "bought" hals a million bucks properties, and now reporters that cheered "housing boom" justa year ago read "sad" stories about "struggled homeowners"!
Since when in this country a guy who paid ZERO for a house called "homeowner"?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.