bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Wicked Local Lexington article on homes not selling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watching

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Wicked Local Lexington article on homes not selling Reply with quote

Saw this article in Wicked Local Lexington, which seems to be another sign of things changing:

Lexington Living: The real reason your home isn’t selling

http://lexington.wickedlocal.com/article/20140916/NEWS/140917570

Quote:
By Kristin Brown
Posted Sep. 16, 2014 @ 6:04 am

LEXINGTON

Lately, it’s been a seller’s market. If you are selling a home, a lot of prospective buyers have probably come knocking at your door. And if you’re lucky, you may have even seen multiple offers on your home. If you have had a lot of visits that haven’t panned out, there are several possible reasons that you haven’t seen an offer. Here are five:

1. Your house lacks curb appeal.

2. You’re in an undesirable location.

3. Your home is not accessible for showings.

4. Your agent isn’t aggressively marketing your home.

5. Your asking price is too high.

This is probably the number-one reason that homes don’t sell. If you’ve priced yourself out of the local market, no buyer in his right mind will be willing to shell out your asking price. Prospective buyers who have done their research won’t even bother booking a showing on an overpriced home. Setting your price correctly in the first place can save you the heartache of having to advertise a price reduction later on. Do your research and partner with your agent when you set your price. It can be tempting to try to get a few extra dollars out of the sale, but if it means that you can’t attract any buyers, an inflated price will get you nowhere. You could actually wind up below what you would have had you priced it right from the very beginning.

Anecdotally, a colleague went to an open house in Lexington this weekend, and said he felt like he and his wife were the only ones at the showing who weren't speaking English with an accent. FWIW, but that has a 2007 vibe to it. Would be nice if things were actually starting to turn ...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article seems pretty generic - I suspect it was written without Lexington specifically in mind. I haven't been to any open houses there in a few months, so I can't offer any recent anecdotes of my own, but I agree with your sentiment and hope your colleague's anecdote is a sign that things are getting better than when I eased up on searching (to tend to some family matters).

- admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.