bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

MLS games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have waited a minute to post as there's more. It looks like the house right next door is for sale now too:

http://www.redfin.com/MA/Winchester/219-Forest-St-01890/home/11440330

They're asking $730K, whereas Zillow estimates it's worth $620K. That's kind of a stretch given that Zillow's estimates have started to absorb this year's price spike which was induced by the plunge in mortgage rates last fall (now reversed). It's also surprising given that the listing says "seller anxious for quick sale to accommodate new purchase."

It gets much weirder when considered within the context of the price history listed by Zillow. The most recent sale listed there was 08/29/2007 for $535K where it says "Sold: Foreclosed to lender." That's six years ago - no way is that a "quick sale"! That also doesn't mesh with the implied claim that the seller has his/her own new purchase they are moving to, though I realize that the wording is weaselly enough that they could say that "new purchase" refers to 219 Forest itself. Why did it take 6+ years for the lender to list? (Or is Zillow just missing something?) And is it even remotely safe to think about a property like this given the Ibanez ruling?

- admin
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I get it now... judging from http://www.masslandrecords.com/ , it looks like 219 Forest was resold on the very same day that it was foreclosed. So this is presumably not the lender selling now and the history listed on Zillow leaves this out (perhaps because the timing was on the exact same day). I could be wrong, though.

- admin
hopeful61

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a shocking price especially seeing how close the house is to other houses. People are paying this much just to live in Winchester?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopeful61 wrote:
That is a shocking price especially seeing how close the house is to other houses. People are paying this much just to live in Winchester?

Yes. This year, anyway.

- admin
donaka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 pm GMT    Post subject: house in lexington Reply with quote

Made an offer for house in lexington and was planning to build a new one. my financier told me to offer 400 k but he outbid me by offering 440 K. I was shocked. He built a new house is selling for 1.049 million.

Yard is very small and looks very expensive to me but its already pending.

http://www.redfin.com/MA/Lexington/11-Calvin-St-02420/home/8584192
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: house in lexington Reply with quote

donaka wrote:
Made an offer for house in lexington and was planning to build a new one. my financier told me to offer 400 k but he outbid me by offering 440 K. I was shocked.

That sounds like a pretty big conflict of interest. Is that legal?

- admin
donaka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm GMT    Post subject: done know Reply with quote

Dont know if its legal or not but he made cool 200 to 300 k ka ching in 9 months Very Happy
unclemat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 am GMT    Post subject: Re: 217 Forest Reply with quote

^^^ Can an admin remove the message above? I accidentally posted it without logging in. {Edit: done.}

Former Owner wrote:
Looks like a developer bought and is flipping it.

Beantown Property Group is on the Mortgage debt http://www.beantownpropertygroup.com/
Here is a recent story and their plan to sell 217 Forest for $1 Million - I suspect the move in interest rates has them a wee bit scared.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/north/2013/01/27/house-flippers-take-upscale-winchester/OnZxoHM5k0D7mDjT9uiQnO/story.html

Beantown properties looks to have $500,000 - $560,000 - Mortgage on this property. The primary mortgage is for $500K and one for $30K and another for $34K

It was bought by the developer 04/27/2012 for $220,000-

This is what wide open lending standard does - it encourages Builder to make outlandish bets.

In 1998 this home sold for $200,000 - the Mortgage rate at the time was 7%

When the most recent buyer paid $220 - a 30 yr Mortgage was 3.88%.

Just what any young family needs a lot of Mortgage Debt.

The funny fact is that the previous owner bought in 1988 (not 1998) for $220k! The flippers scammed the guy. Regardless of how bad the condition the house was in, its market value was way more than $220k in 2012. How can one be so stupid? Quick search reveals the guy was/is in his 60s, still carried his original ARM mortgage from 1988! Never refinanced or took HELOC. He financed about 75% of the purchase price - with min. interest at 6.375% (and maximum over 14%!). Still he had this place nearly paid off. It does not look like the place was listed on MLS in 2012, so these scammers must have somehow approached him directly.

Now they built something absolutely disgusting. Well, whatever idiot pays as much for it, fully deserves what he gets...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
hopeful61 wrote:

Yes. This year, anyway.

Hmmm... the asking price for the house next door (219 Forest) just dropped from $730K to $695K. I guess we'll eventually see how that bodes for 217 Forest, now asking $1.14M. That is a massive gap in price if you're just paying for location.

- admin
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

217 Forest just sold for $1,110,000.

- admin
Former Arlingtonian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Signs of insanity in all financial markets Reply with quote

The price paid for Forest street just another indicator of our times.

Look at FB paying $19 Billion for a startup - or Tesla trading in the $215-$250 range - when Tesla's liabilities have gone from $700 Million to $1.7 Billion over the last year. Tesla is still NOT making money....

The new buyers of Forest Street have a Mortgage of $475K and revolving credit of $500K+. It looks like you have high income - dual income and that makes this crazy price completely service-able for this family

Look at crazy prices paid for GOOG stock today- in 2011 the price per share was $600, income was $9.3 Billion - today people pay $1163 per share or two times the price paid in 2011 - with a 30% rise in income.

Take a look at Concur Technologies selling for $100/sh income for was a LOSS of $27 Million - the stock was selling for $37 end of 2011 fiscal year when the Income was a LOSS of $11 Million.

Only the filthy rich can afford to roll the dice in a real estate market or stock market that defies logic.
balor123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my style but it's a nicely finished house. Ceilings look low, landscaping plain, and unfenced yard. I would guess that it cost $400k - $500k to build. Maybe John P could confirm. That implies a lot cost of $600k? Seems a bit steep.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:47 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

balor123 wrote:
Not my style but it's a nicely finished house. Ceilings look low, landscaping plain, and unfenced yard. I would guess that it cost $400k - $500k to build. Maybe John P could confirm. That implies a lot cost of $600k? Seems a bit steep.

Bear in mind that the seller told The Globe earlier that they were hoping to sell for at least $900K. They came in well above their low target.

- admin
balor123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would imply a $400k - $500k lot then. I don't know Winchester but it's further than Arlington, which is $300k - $400k for a lot. Still seems a bit high and my construction numbers were on the high end as well. I guess that's what they wanted, though, so in a rational market one would assume that something like $800k would be the real value.
unclemat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot or a house in Winchester is worth more than in Arlington on average (Winchester is far wealthier and prettier town with schools with much better reputation than Arlington, especially post-elementary), but in this case the flippers really found some idiots. This is a poor location, an an edge of the town on a really busy street. $350-400k for the lot would be in line. Don't forget they bought it for $220k with the house...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.