bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Reduce your mortgage by not paying?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
showgunx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reduce your mortgage by not paying? Reply with quote

I read the following article today, and I don't know if I should be mad of this or laugh at the situation.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2008/11/16/BUQR1442LQ.DTL&ref=patrick.net
C

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mad!
SamChady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Governement Bailout Reply with quote

I heard this said on TV and I will paraphrase: "But eliminating risk thru bailouts, the government makes the irrational, rational." You can't blame people for taking risks if there is no penalty.

Unfortunately for me I decided to take no debt, save my money, rent an apartment that was cheaper than I could afford. I did the rational thing which is irrational since there was no risk in taking a risk. We need to restore the penalties.

Want to leverage yourself 30 times over to make a huge profit? Fine with me as long as you are willing to go out of business if you fail.

So I sit in my apartment that I really don't like in a location that I don't like and I save money. Someday I will have my condo in Boston, but not for another year at least.
showgunx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So I sit in my apartment that I really don't like in a location that I don't like and I save money.

SamChady, why not find another apartment you like and rent that one? I am a renter currently, and I can totally call myself the "RENTLORD" for the past few years. There are so many cheap and nice rental units available in Boston, that my landlord has to kiss my ass constanctly to pervent me from leaving.
I am not suggesting you to abuse your landlord, all I am saying is you can find better and possiblely cheaper unit now a days, if you don't like what you are currently living in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.