bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Am I stupid for not buying a house now???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important factor here is demand - as long as that's strong, you're going to see these whacked out prices. And rising rates may tweak the numbers a bit here or there, but I don't think we'll see serious movement from just that. People need a place to live, even when the economy is bad.

That being said, I do think things are overheated at the moment. I'd expect prices not to slide too much, just not appreciate very much and slowly lose ground to inflation.

It's easy to be a bear, because you'll eventually be proven right by something. But look at all the people in 2016 predicting a recession because the market was overheated - they were quite wrong in 2017, and missed out on a bunch of money, assuming they put their money where their mouth is. (My personal take is that the economy was needlessly 'juiced', and the crash will be that much worse because of it)

At some point, if you need a house to live in, and not just as an investment, you're going to have to jump in. As long as you're planning to live in it and not use it as an investment vehicle, you'll be fine in the long term.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston is a shithole. Anyone that pays today's prices to live here is getting exactly what they deserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Boston is a shithole. Anyone that pays today's prices to live here is getting exactly what they deserve

Currently that's 5%+ growth per year, not sure what your point is. Is this your first time trolling?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Boston's a shit hole, why don't you leave? Life's too short.
Follow your bliss.
I would never stay in a place I thought was a shit hole.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the shit hole comment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me as well. I bought years ago and my kids are finishing up schools in the area. After that, we're gone. Gonna find me one of those dumb ass foreigners and take their money, and then move to a better part of the country not infested.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't subject your kids to this shit hole. Get out now and live a happy life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Don't subject your kids to this shit hole. Get out now and live a happy life.

You should leave. I like it here because I make a lot of money, can afford to live here and can't in a place like Alabama or most states. We need more hardworking, highly educated foreigners and fewer lazy entitled Trump voters. I'm not sad that the opioid epidemic is wiping out Trump voters and their children to make room for hardworking foreigners. It's just natural selection.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to the guy who is here until his kids finish school.
I'm fine. I like it here.
I'm not sure where the Trump think fits in, but okay.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll sell. "Calling all Asians & Russians. Come hither dumb dumbs. Call me: 1-800-Ben-Over. I have a great buy for you."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Currently that's 5%+ growth per year, not sure what your point is.
Quote:

Wow, good for you. 5% growth in a market that's over valued by 30%. Spoken like a true kid probably too young to wipe his own ass properly. Enjoy the valuation correction on its way, and lack of appreciation from there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Wow, good for you. 5% growth in a market that's over valued by 30%. Spoken like a true kid probably too young to wipe his own ass properly. Enjoy the valuation correction on its way, and lack of appreciation from there.

Amazing, you're some sort of real estate guru but you can't use quote tags correctly. Please, tell me more about your staggering intellect.

Some of us are up over 15% in the last year alone. Even if valuation drops 30%, I'll still be positive by a large amount. I bought my house to live in, not to flip.

You should read the story of the world's worst market timer, it's the same thing. There are ups and downs in every market, but panic selling or waiting for a crash only costs you more in the long run. Time in the market is what matters.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Okay I'll sell. "Calling all Asians & Russians. Come hither dumb dumbs. Call me: 1-800-Ben-Over. I have a great buy for you."
Quote:

Hee Hee. So true. Gooks and Russians everywhere! They're the only ones stupid enough to pay today's bubble prices(except for the clown that thinks 5% in this government inflated market is good)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when this message board was interesting, informative, and even supportive.
Would you bone heads please go away?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop promoting ignorance and encouraging people to buy over valued real estate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.