bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Appealing to lower your property tax assessment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Appealing to lower your property tax assessment Reply with quote

My friends at MIT and I learned that 30-60% of the properties in the US are over-assessed and these over-assessments tend to most hurt low- and middle-income property owners.

We are volunteering to help people appeal for their real estate assessment for free. For Boston, the deadline to appeal for the current year is Feb 1st. We have the capacity to help for up to five properties. Let me know if you are interested. You can reach me at emre.sarbak@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My friends at MIT and I learned that 30-60% of the properties in the US are over-assessed and these over-assessments tend to most hurt low- and middle-income property owners.

We are volunteering to help people appeal for their real estate assessment for free. For Boston, the deadline to appeal for the current year is Feb 1st. We have the capacity to help for up to five properties. Let me know if you are interested. You can reach me at emre.sarbak@gmail.com

Yet another consequence of Central Banks destroying our economy. Our FAKE economy(since 2008) was created by printing helicopter money and injecting it into the economy so good for nothing over extended bums could get bailed out, both citizens and big wall Street banks. Then zero rates for a decade(negative real rates which they still are today because inflation is misrepresented). This forces investors praying for capitalism to map invest in non cash assets such as stocks and real estate causing bubbles in them. Then the government further intervene to keep rates low because they can no longer afford to pay the interest on the massive debt they piled up by money printing and expenditures. Then greedy municipalities cash in on the already ducked over Americans by raising their assements in line with the bubble prices.
Capitalism is ruined folks. Bullet to the head in 2008. All that is left is greedy corrupt politicians, wall Street bankers and our FAKE economy waiting to implode and bust. Great globalist agenda!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Yet another consequence of Central Banks destroying our economy. Our FAKE economy(since 2008) was created by printing helicopter money and injecting it into the economy so good for nothing over extended bums could get bailed out, both citizens and big wall Street banks. Then zero rates for a decade(negative real rates which they still are today because inflation is misrepresented). This forces investors praying for capitalism to map invest in non cash assets such as stocks and real estate causing bubbles in them. Then the government further intervene to keep rates low because they can no longer afford to pay the interest on the massive debt they piled up by money printing and expenditures. Then greedy municipalities cash in on the already ducked over Americans by raising their assements in line with the bubble prices.
Capitalism is ruined folks. Bullet to the head in 2008. All that is left is greedy corrupt politicians, wall Street bankers and our FAKE economy waiting to implode and bust. Great globalist agenda!

What are you talking about?
The swamp has been drained.
These problems no longer exist.
America is great again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

It’s nice to be a renter and not know anything about property taxes. When prices go down, property taxes don’t go down because property tax rates go up. They only go up. The only hope is to win the property assessment challenge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

It’s nice to be a renter and not know anything about property taxes. When prices go down, property taxes don’t go down because property tax rates go up. They only go up. The only hope is to win the property assessment challenge.

But then the landlord passes the rate hike on to you by raising your rent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but you can refuse to accept the increase. It's a renters market out there. You can always find a cheaper place to live.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but you can refuse to accept the increase. It's a renters market out there. You can always find a cheaper place to live.

If you want to stay in the same town, all the landlords got the same rate hike they want to pass on. Apartment hopping is a nightmare.

An this is the first I've heard about a renter's market. Cheap apartments in my neighborhood (if you can find one) aren't very nice.
Elrond

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

What makes you think it’s a renter’s market in the greater Boston area?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.