bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

$2 Million in Arlington???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 12 available listings versus 80 under agreement listings. No other town is in such high demand. I wouldn't be surprised to see 10%+ yoy price increase in 2018. Amazing if you already own in Arlington, not so much if you are looking to buy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do so many people want to fight over paying over valued prices to live in such a shit hole? How dumb have some become?
Elrond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Why do so many people want to fight over paying over valued prices to live in such a shit hole? How dumb have some become?

I have no idea... I was recently chatting with someone at a coffee shop in Harvard Square. She had come to Cambridge for school from Greece and called the Boston area a "Utopia." We chatted at length about why she thought that having lived in other top tier cities like Paris, London, etc.

We ultimately agreed to disagree. While I'm sure it felt great compared to Athens where almost every international company closed up shop, I can think of a whole slew of places in the US and abroad where your bang for your buck is much greater, and still live with much of the comforts that Boston offers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrond wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea... I was recently chatting with someone at a coffee shop in Harvard Square. She had come to Cambridge for school from Greece and called the Boston area a "Utopia." We chatted at length about why she thought that having lived in other top tier cities like Paris, London, etc.

We ultimately agreed to disagree. While I'm sure it felt great compared to Athens where almost every international company closed up shop, I can think of a whole slew of places in the US and abroad where your bang for your buck is much greater, and still live with much of the comforts that Boston offers.

If you work at Home Depot and shop at Walmart, then every city is better than Boston. For those with good paying jobs, Boston is a great place to live, second only to San Francisco. Money allows you to enjoy life in Boston.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Elrond wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

If you work at Home Depot and shop at Walmart, then every city is better than Boston. For those with good paying jobs, Boston is a great place to live, second only to San Francisco. Money allows you to enjoy life in Boston.

I don't make big money, and I like it here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

When everyone else is dumb, you might want to rethink your position.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When everyone else is dumb, you might want to rethink your position

Nah. I thought everyone else was dumb in 2003-2007 too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
When everyone else is dumb, you might want to rethink your position

Nah. I thought everyone else was dumb in 2003-2007 too.

Way to make my point for me. That was a fine time to buy in Boston. How much equity are those people sitting on now?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
y to make my point for me. That was a fine time to buy in Boston. How much equity are those people sitting on now?

Seriously? After a decade probably now up 5-10%? Take into account inflation and real return and it's extremely negative. All this after a decade of free money(ZIRP) and 3 rounds of QE? When this corrects next time, this will be at least 5-10%. My thought is more like 20%. Thus, at that time, people that bought in 2005 would have flat or negative return heading toward 15-20 years later. Ya, have at it buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
y to make my point for me. That was a fine time to buy in Boston. How much equity are those people sitting on now?

Seriously? After a decade probably now up 5-10%? Take into account inflation and real return and it's extremely negative. All this after a decade of free money(ZIRP) and 3 rounds of QE? When this corrects next time, this will be at least 5-10%. My thought is more like 20%. Thus, at that time, people that bought in 2005 would have flat or negative return heading toward 15-20 years later. Ya, have at it buddy.

If you think people who bought in 07 are sitting on 10% returns, you’re impervious to facts. No point in arguing with someone who doesn’t live in reality. Speculate all you want about future crashes, ignore data on past returns, piss and moan on this board, rinse & repeat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you think people who bought in 07 are sitting on 10% returns, you’re impervious to facts. No point in arguing with someone who doesn’t live in reality. Speculate all you want about future crashes, ignore data on past returns, piss and moan on this board, rinse & repeat.

You must be a Realtor hoping to suck commission off today's millennial idiots, or perhaps just of low intelligence. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt an assume the former. To help you understand and stop spitting out wrong information here you go:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/BOXRSA

The Boston median on the price index was 181 at the last peak in 2007, and is 207 today(over a decade later with massive QE and ZIRP, which will never happen under the new Fed unless massive recession. Assuming you can't to math, I'll help you further. The difference between 207 and the 181 is 26, which is a 12.5% increase-exactly in the middle of the 10%-15% I stated earlier. Thus, to repeat for you intellectually challenged: The market is up a poultry 12.5% over 11 years after record setting Fed intervention and stimulus. The market will correct below this amount, thus wiping out any gain in a decade and a half. The only returns here are for people who bought 2011-2015. They Rose with the correction and stimulus. Good for them. My advice would be to sell now. Soon, the window closes. As for this clown above that doesn't understand real estate, do me a favor? Please go buy up as much as your means will allow. I love to see arrogant stupid fuckers go down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once and for all, stop accusing people you disagree with of being realtors. Believe me, realtors do not need to recruit buyers. They need to recruit sellers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to be kind in understanding how you're so clueless. I understand now, it is you're being of low intelligence that I suggested as the latter up above. Thanks for clarifying. Did the math tutorial help you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

You must be a Realtor hoping to suck commission off today's millennial idiots, or perhaps just of low intelligence. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt an assume the former. To help you understand and stop spitting out wrong information here you go:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/BOXRSA

The Boston median on the price index was 181 at the last peak in 2007, and is 207 today(over a decade later with massive QE and ZIRP, which will never happen under the new Fed unless massive recession. Assuming you can't to math, I'll help you further. The difference between 207 and the 181 is 26, which is a 12.5% increase-exactly in the middle of the 10%-15% I stated earlier. Thus, to repeat for you intellectually challenged: The market is up a poultry 12.5% over 11 years after record setting Fed intervention and stimulus. The market will correct below this amount, thus wiping out any gain in a decade and a half. The only returns here are for people who bought 2011-2015. They Rose with the correction and stimulus. Good for them. My advice would be to sell now. Soon, the window closes. As for this clown above that doesn't understand real estate, do me a favor? Please go buy up as much as your means will allow. I love to see arrogant stupid fuckers go down.

People like you have been so wrong about real estate since 2009. Give it a rest. I hope you are not the idiot on the board who told his family not to buy at the last downturn because Thanksgiving and holidays must be awkward. Prices are still going up because people have money. If you are so smart, why don't you sell your little house and rent? Just accept the fact that people have more money than you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People like you have been so wrong about real estate since 2009. Give it a rest. I hope you are not the idiot on the board who told his family not to buy at the last downturn because Thanksgiving and holidays must be awkward. Prices are still going up because people have money. If you are so smart, why don't you sell your little house and rent? Just accept the fact that people have more money than you.

Oh, and the ignorance persists. I thought you crawled back in daddy's basement. Try to at least give reading comprehension a chance. As my prior post stated, there was a time to buy. 2009-2016. This is no longer it. However, I hope you are buying as much as you can, although I suspect your a low wage turd. It's pretty obvious from your lack of intellect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.