bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Fed Reserve and Interest Rates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Fed Reserve Reply with quote

Capitalism? Capitalism requires free trade and free markets. We haven't had "capitalism" in years. The Fed Reserve dropping rates to zero for 10 years? Quantitative easing Q1, Q2 and Q3? At one point the Fed was buying back 85 billion dollars per month to MANIPULATE the mortgage rates, the housing market, the stock market and the overall economy. They still have these MASSIVE purchases on their balance sheet and are too scared to release them back into the market because they know what will happen. In order for there to be capitalism, the markets needs to be free. Our Government has manipulated our dollar down to help companies export. Then they allow foreign money in without any meaningful restriction??? How is that Capitalism? That's a stacked deck if you ask me. Americans did not ask for our dollar to be weak so that foreigners could out compete our home buyers. Americans did not ask for MASSIVE asset bubbles in real estate or the stock market to bail out greedy bankers and house buyers(2003-2007) too stupid to use a calculator before buying(just like now (2015-2018). Now, young Americans can barley afford homes, have major uncertainty in invested equities and a weak dollar all while watching foreigners come in and overpay for our real estate. This is creating an even worse bubble. That's definitely not capitalism. It's a disgrace.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Fed Reserve Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
This is creating an even worse bubble. That's definitely not capitalism. It's a disgrace.

Disgrace for sure, but we can all agree the massive pain that would be caused if FED did not artificially keep the rates low.

Screw 90% of the population or screw the 10% were were responsible savers...

I guess the "savers" got their turn in the 80's when interest rates were double digits...
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Fed Reserve Reply with quote

Yes, there was the 80's. Remember when the Fed actually did the right thing? When the economy gets too hot and bubbles form "they're suppose to raise the rates" to cool it off and keep balance. This causes correction, yes, and they are typically painful to those over exposed and careless. That's what is suppose to happen! After the markets correct, buyers re enter the market and the cycle continues. What the Fed did this decade is declare war on the business cycle as we know it for the sole purpose of bailing out the banks and Freddie and Fannie(Government backed). This did cause the savers to be significantly harmed at the expense of those who reaped from the greed. The Fed Reserve didn't do it for the "90%" of stupid buyers(more like 70%-30%), but for themselves, and the stupid buyers just tagged along for the ride because they resided in the collateral they and their banker friends held. In my opinion the Fed Reserve should be destroyed and dismantled. The Boston Tea Party started for less. Give this country's monetary policy back to the people collateralized by something other than printed paper. It was December 23, 1913 we were swindled into giving this PRIVATE bank control over our money supply. Read some history, remember how successful and strong this country was prior to 1913? Have we seen it now?? Here's what we've gotten since: The Great Depression of the 20's and 30's, World War stagnation through the 40's, 50's? Massive inflation under Volcker in the 70's? The stock bubbles and crash of 1987? Dot Com bust in 2000.....and oh yes, of course the Great Recession(or better called the "Great American Sell Out" of all time. Seriously, how much do Americans have to loose before it wakes up in mutiny?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Fed Reserve Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
Seriously, how much do Americans have to loose before it wakes up in mutiny?

mutiny? Isn't that why we all voted for Trump? Very Happy
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Very Happy .......it's a start.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's mutiny of a different sort. It's mutiny against environmental viability, education, diplomacy, transparency, no conflicts of interest, etc., etc., etc. Economically, the man has spent his life as a circus barker and shafting the little guy - his sales pitch is suspect to begin with and his track record of delivery not promising. Maybe you think the protectionist rhetoric is a good thing and that's the mutiny you were referring to. In my opinion, that's not the case - I think blaming free trade is a misdiagnosis of the problem and that attempting to reverse it will not fix the underlying problems and will do serious harm.

- admin
Real Esate Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have opinions. I'm honestly not sure how Trump's policies will impact our economy. What I do know is that if this country didn't allow a PRIVATE bank to set our monetary policy we wouldn't be in a Brexit type scenario. You can blame the Fed Reserve for Trump. It's the beginning of the public lashing out from watching their standard of living being destroyed. Many citizens unfortunately don't understand what's caused it, and Trump promises repair.....plain and simple. Those who do know, realize that the Fed manipulated the economy by lowering rates and printing money. They monetized the debt, which has burdened the tax payers, our budget and our military. Bubble markets have crushed the "little guy", not Trump. These bubbles, and soon to be inflation, has distorted our economy. That combined with foreign influx money is the one two punch Americans are feeling, and hence we have Trump-for better or worse. Too bad back in 1913 Americans didn't revolt immediately. It was the only chance to keep America great in the first place. Any time a country allows a PRIVATE entity control it's money it need not control anything else. The Fed creates bubbles and destroys bubbles, all in the interest of its true owners: Big money and big Banks, Period. As Mayer Rothschild was quoted in saying: "Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!". If your not sure who he is, research his involvement in the creation and establishment of the PRIVATE Federal Reserve we are so luckily blessed with today.
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this? A potential bubble caused by a decade of low rates and easy money? Nah, can't be. Good thing the low rates didn't impact our housing market since 2008 though, huh?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/no_author/remember-housing-bubble-2008/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
What's this? A potential bubble caused by a decade of low rates and easy money? Nah, can't be. Good thing the low rates didn't impact our housing market since 2008 though, huh?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/no_author/remember-housing-bubble-2008/

Every asset class is in a bubble these days. You need to pick your poison. Buy real estate and face 20% decline. Buy stocks and face 50% decline. Buy gold and face 30% decline. Rent and pay 2k/month is probably the best poison.

FYI, Used cars are very good business for the dealers and banks. They are selling 5k Impalas for 10k and charging 25% APR because they expect defaults. When people default, they repo the car right away and sell to another sucker at 2X KBB and 25% APR. The bag holders are the car buyers.

The same is true with student loan bubble. Eventually the government will get their money when the people who default try to collect social security. The bag holders will be the people who default.
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true. The "New America" sold out by the Fed Bank. Your right, I'd rent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
So true. The "New America" sold out by the Fed Bank. Your right, I'd rent.

It's way better to rent. Rents are not increasing 7.6% YOY in Boston.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-house-prices-show-no-sign-of-slowing-2017-04-25
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. Boston housing prices are unsustainable to say the least. When inventory rises with the rate increases we shall see what happens. I'm seeing inventory starting to back up a little now. Spring market foolishness is ending. Too many overpriced crap holes remain. I'm betting the fun gets started late fall.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
I'm seeing inventory starting to back up a little now.

Which neighborhoods?

- admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Real Estate Guy wrote:
I'm seeing inventory starting to back up a little now.

Which neighborhoods?

- admin

Houses in Wellesley, Weston and Newton aren't selling well. Rich people aren't interested in overpriced houses in the over rated towns. They prefer multi million dollar condos in the city.
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weston, Wellesley, Newton, Dover, Wayland. It's not "high" inventory, but higher than few months back and on par with last summer when inventories climbed. Last fall had inventory building up, but this spring was heated and brought it down......now it's rising again. We'll have to see who wins the tug of war. This time rates are higher and prices have climbed. That spells pull back to me, but we'll see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.