bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Fed Reserve and Interest Rates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I so agree with you.
10 year treasury pushing 3%. The Fed is starting to accelerate the amount it is letting "roll off" their balance sheet. Problem is: THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PUT ON THEIR BALANCE SHEET"! What we are seeing is rates SLOWLY returning to what a free market would set. That should be 6%-8% right now, but because the corrupt Fed Reserve stole out freedom and free markets when they intervened to "control" market and bail out their friends and bankers we all saw bubbles. Now we are seeing inflation. Wait until that picks up as they release their holdings. Communism is a step up from what the Fed Reserve did to free markets. Free markets? My ass. Those days are gone. Maybe if Trump's Fed grows a pair of balls, they will run this country like on the principles it was founded. Remember before slimy Greenspan, Bernanke and Felon Yellen ruined our country by creating bubbles for their banker friends and then selling out our wealth to bail them out. What kind of religion(oops what a coincidence), I mean people are immoral enough to do such things. Oh wait, didn't this happen in Europe once before??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think even Trump has the guts to prod for real rates.... country is still far too dependent on them.... all started with the Greenspan put
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Guest. It's just the beginning.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
Thank you Guest. It's just the beginning.

This is the beginning of rising interest rates, but not the beginning of falling housing prices.
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is the beginning of rising interest rates, but not the beginning of falling housing prices

That sounds intelligent. Go buy some real estate for investment then.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:01 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Wow, I so agree with you.
10 year treasury pushing 3%. The Fed is starting to accelerate the amount it is letting "roll off" their balance sheet. Problem is: THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PUT ON THEIR BALANCE SHEET"! What we are seeing is rates SLOWLY returning to what a free market would set. That should be 6%-8% right now, but because the corrupt Fed Reserve stole out freedom and free markets when they intervened to "control" market and bail out their friends and bankers we all saw bubbles. Now we are seeing inflation. Wait until that picks up as they release their holdings. Communism is a step up from what the Fed Reserve did to free markets. Free markets? My ass. Those days are gone. Maybe if Trump's Fed grows a pair of balls, they will run this country like on the principles it was founded. Remember before slimy Greenspan, Bernanke and Felon Yellen ruined our country by creating bubbles for their banker friends and then selling out our wealth to bail them out. What kind of religion(oops what a coincidence), I mean people are immoral enough to do such things. Oh wait, didn't this happen in Europe once before??

Were rates so artificially depressed, we would see widespread inflation and a weak dollar, neither of which are the case. R* is, and has been, around zero.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a major reset in stock, bond and real estate prices.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy wrote:
Quote:
This is the beginning of rising interest rates, but not the beginning of falling housing prices

That sounds intelligent. Go buy some real estate for investment then.

Nope, I only buy at the bottom and sell at the top. We aren't at the top yet.
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love this coming from one of the slime that caused the "high valuations":

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/yellen-hard-to-tell-if-market-is-in-a-bubble-but-valuations-high.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Estate Guy you are awesome!
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw shucks Cool , thank you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Real Estate Guy, thought you might enjoy this:

https://youtu.be/23DNe0cJhcU
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Real Estate Guy, thought you might enjoy this:

Interesting video. I am familiar with Mike Maloney. He's done a great job trying to simplify the reality of how the system works. It's pretty sad to see it in such detail. He's right about the fact that it's purposely complex such that only one in a million will understand it. That evident simply in looking around these days.
Thanks for sharing, and keep on being prudent.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's a good place to invest? I'd like to get out of dollars.
Real Estate Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
h Were's a good place to invest? I'd like to get out of dollars

That's a really good question. Real estate is good if it's income producing, but you can't buy right now, the numbers are too inflated. If you have older purchases you could refinance and add some debt to hedge the inflation they're putting us through. I'd stay away from financial assets right now. Stocks, bonds and real estate are inflated from years of free money. They will stat flat or retreat and if you read this thread you know my opinion. So, if you own old investment real estate add debt, consider precious metals and definitely add commodities in your mix. Personally, I keep very little of my wealth right now in dollars, except for real estate because my longer hold properties aren't really like being in the dollar because they're income producing and debt reducing so I consider it a little bit of a hedge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.