bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Moving...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balor123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:31 am GMT    Post subject: Moving... Reply with quote

Haven't been active on the forums lately but thought other might like to know that I'm moving from Boston to Austin! I'm pretty familiar with the area so I think we'll just buy but we won't be moving until mid-August so we have some time. Planning on maybe a mid-June shopping spree. Finally get to put all the information I learned on this forum to good use! Timing is good too, as my rent is increasing by about 25% next year (~$500/mo)! Hopefully that new mortgage fee will help rather than hurt us by driving other buyers out of the market at a negligible cost to us.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Moving... Reply with quote

balor123 wrote:
Haven't been active on the forums lately but thought other might like to know that I'm moving from Boston to Austin! I'm pretty familiar with the area so I think we'll just buy but we won't be moving until mid-August so we have some time. Planning on maybe a mid-June shopping spree. Finally get to put all the information I learned on this forum to good use! Timing is good too, as my rent is increasing by about 25% next year (~$500/mo)! Hopefully that new mortgage fee will help rather than hurt us by driving other buyers out of the market at a negligible cost to us.

Congratulations. Best of luck with the move and with the house shopping. Thanks for your contribution to these forums over the years - I have found your posts to be particularly well thought out.

- admin
john p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you were fantastic and I learned a lot from you.

If you are interested in a little send off get together let Admin know (who has my contact) and maybe you could all come down and I can host.

Take it easy,

John P.
Boston ITer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:50 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Moving... Reply with quote

balor123 wrote:

Awesome Cool!

There's really not much more for me to say but congratulations and best wishes Very Happy !
balor123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yeah that could be interesting. I'll still be here for a while but some time before early April might good as my wife is due then. Where are we all located again? I'm in Waltham. Something central-ish to everyone would be a good idea I think.
john p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live down where they grow the cranberries, so it isn't the most central place.

I love the "Ham" and wouldn't mind meeting up there sometime. They have that Tapas place right on Moody's Street where you can gang a bunch of tables together and it is pretty flexible and accomodating for different sized groups.

I was heartbroken to see Jakes BBQ close, but will most likely pick up some Lizzy's Ice Cream while I'm up there.

Way to go on the new baby! Do you have a support system down in Austin?

Do you have a Massachusetts "Bucket List" i.e. going to Nantucket, Salem, Newburyport, Shelburn Falls, Walden Pond, etc.? Have you ever seen the Revolutionary War reenactment on Lexington Green, I think it is in early April?
balor123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:15 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Solea is pretty good. Cranberries are too Smile Is Waltham convenient to everyone?
balor123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't miss Jakes BBQ btw. It wasn't very good. Bison county is much better. Much better than anything here is the Salt Lick outside of Austin, recently featured on Top Chef. Yummy. My parents live in San Antonio, which is only 1-1.5 hours away so we should be pretty well off there. Cost of living is low enough there that I'm hoping we can afford professional help as well (chef, maid, etc). What's a "Bucket List"? Things to do before leaving? There's a lot I'd like to do this summer but am limited to what can be done with a 3yo and a newborn unfortunately. I've been to Salem and Walden Pond at least. Haven't seen the war reenactment. I do plan on going to the beach, berry picking, Old Sturbridge Village, and various festivals. Unfortunately, with all the house hunting, paternity leave, and time to move I don't think there'll be much time to do weekday activities.
CL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

balor123 - Congratulations and all the best in Austin! Thanks for all the comments over the years.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

balor123 wrote:
Yeah Solea is pretty good. Cranberries are too Smile Is Waltham convenient to everyone?

Waltham is fine for me location-wise. Time-wise, I'm pretty stretched for the foreseeable future, so don't plan anything around me, but if I can make it, I will try.

- admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.