bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Cordage Park Development in Plymouth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Cordage Park Development in Plymouth Reply with quote

Governor Patrick Announces Plymouth Growth District at Cordage Park
Innitiative Will Expedite Commercial and Residential Development
PLYMOUTH– Monday, November 17, 2008 – Governor Deval Patrick and Senate President Therese Murray today joined local officials to announce the Cordage Park Growth District at Plymouth’s Seaport.

Has anyone heard of anything happening at Cordage Park? Are they still moving forward with development?

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3pressrelease&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Agov3&b=pressrelease&f=plymouth_growth_district081117&csid=Agov3
john p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=10+Cordage+Park+Circle&city=plymouth&state=MA&country=us

I know this place pretty well. I drive by it at least once a week. Looking a the aerial photo (see above link), you wonder what they're going to do with the train rail. What is cool is if you zoom out in the photo you can see the deep water channel that leads to their pier. Also notice the access to Route 3 (on your left) and follow the coast to the right (southeast) to see the Plymouth Waterfront. You can see a few of the drinking holes I frequent in the summer....

My only issue with this Smart Growth thing is that the big infrastructure is in the City of Boston. If you want people to not have cars you need buses and trains and places to go available to them i.e. a hospital... We have plenty of old industrial sites right in and around Boston that should be developed before something like this place. This place will eventually get developed by a private developer regardless. This is all about Therese Murray being from Plymouth and trying to get something for Plymouth. If she had any brains she'd keep the government control out of it because they will ruin it. I think it would make a better "Attraction" site than for housing. I see it more as having a waterfront promenade with some nice shops and a place where people on their boats or cars could pull up and get lunch and do a little shopping and maybe hear some music or go for a sunset cruise... Maybe have a nice lawn and garden with adirondak chairs where you could get a nice beverage and look at the harbor and see across to Duxbury Bay, Long Beach, etc. Maybe Murray has a developer lined up and she gets a kickback for getting the State to pay for some of the development and for her power to control the approval and inspection agencies?

Personally, I'd like to see more State money going to revitalize areas within Boston where you'd get more bang for your buck.
Devlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with there being better places for large scale development closer to the city.

One place that is prime for largescale development would be the Bayside Expo Center which Umass bought. Sounds like they need the space in a jam for a few years and might sell or redevelop when they are done with it. There is still a lot more land there for development.

Real Estate in Plymouth has been hit harder than most areas closer to the city as it skyrocketed much higher in the boom years.

I'm not familiar with the area but am thinking about taking a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.