bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Jobs may rebound in 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> News & Reference Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balor123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Jobs may rebound in 2010 Reply with quote

Jobs may rebound in 2010

If you look at the state by state map, then you'll notice that Texas is the only state to have a forecasted growth for 2010. If jobs are forecasted to grow in 2010 for the nation, then that means that Texas will be growing more jobs than all the other states are losing combined. Texas now is the economy! Razz

On a more relevant note, looks like MA will continue to lose jobs, though not as much some other states like NY.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't the dozen or so light green states also projected to possibly grow? The projection is 0 - 1.0%, so they may or may not grow, if the projections are accurate. That doesn't matter for Mass., though, which isn't in that group.

I wonder what a per capita version of that graph would look like with population projections factored in.

- admin
balor123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but those are mostly low population states. Even if they had the same population, it's hard to know whether they are closer to 0% or 1% and given that most of the nation is in negative I'm assuming that they are closer to 0%, not that 1% is a whole lot better. For the nation as a whole to grow, there has to be big growth somewhere outside those states to make up for all those dark red spots and it has to be in a populated state. I see only one dark green that fits the bill and it is Texas.
balor123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:10 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to take a closer look at those graphs and the comments but unfortunately I only have access to a Linux machine at work. If you think that Windows has quality problems, then you'd hate Linux! It seems that there are some webpages that crash my window manager and this is one of them (that's right, not Firefox, but basically the whole computer!).
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

balor123 wrote:
I'd like to take a closer look at those graphs and the comments but unfortunately I only have access to a Linux machine at work. If you think that Windows has quality problems, then you'd hate Linux! It seems that there are some webpages that crash my window manager and this is one of them (that's right, not Firefox, but basically the whole computer!).

Yikes. I do think Windows has quality problems, and I love Linux, but I'm mainly using it on servers now. This sounds like a Flash problem. Flash on Linux has always been flaky, unfortunately. When I used to use Linux as my main desktop, I had Flash disabled and went for years (literally) between reboots. Maybe this will help you get to the comments at least:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

- admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> News & Reference Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.