bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

First Time Home Buyers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E222

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:18 pm GMT    Post subject: First Time Home Buyers Reply with quote

Hi:

I do not own a home. I have a management level job and make a lot higher than the median household income and I CAN NOT AFFORD TO BUY anything.
I am in mortgage industry and even though the loan officers try to sell me loans almost 10 times my annual income, I want to spend only up to 38% of my salary to housing, is it possible? No way! If you want to live in greater Boston area, and let's say that you make the median of around $55K/year all you can afford is $200K at best. What can I find for that price? I looked for years. I saw some TERRIBLE places, believe me. 300 square feet condos that are falling apart, places those are inhabitable... I have seen it all. Imagine, they ask $250K-$300K for condos that need full rehab, who can afford that? I figured it will eventually go down, but it did not. And on top of everything else, salaries did not go up, I could not find any higher salaried jobs around to move, prices of EVERYTHING go up, and we got stuck with our same salary (actually less with inflation) and prices doubling daily.

I know that I am not the only one. People are so worried about house prices going down and how that will affect the homeowners, but there are tons of people out there who refused to get ridicules loans and put their life in jeopardy just to make someone richer. Who cares about these people; people make “too much” to qualify for affordable housing programs and make “too little” to actually afford anything?

As for me, we moved out of Massachusetts, like many and settled in another state where the economic growth is much stronger. Prices here are still expensive for us, but at least the salaries increase and houses/condos that they sell do not need any work. I miss Boston, but not living there. If they do not do sth soon, seems like Boston will lose most of its middle class residents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.