bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Finally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarum80

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote

It finally seems to be happening. I have been waiting and waiting for this stupid buble to burst and finally it seems to be happening. I have listened for far to long from friends who own real estate and who kept telling me that housing prices only go up, oh what a relief!!!
patb

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:12 am GMT    Post subject: search on hold Reply with quote

I have been looking for a condo that is accessible by public transportation and have found that I am priced out of everywhere even in predominately working class neighborhoods like Dorchester or Chelsea. I have found only shoebox sized condos, dumpy condos or condos in areas which would require 5 hours a day of commuting and waiting. the commuter rail schedule being of more of a problem than the actual commute. I work in Brookline, second shift and came close to moving to Haverhill.

I have decided to wait and see if more 2 bedroom condos turn up closer to Boston, nicer ones with a little space, a few trees around and maybe a porch.
kenfeyl

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:00 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you're not a single guy like me who can afford to live in a shoebox-sized condo Very Happy

Have you tried Brighton and Allston? I recently viewed several decent two-bedrooms around $250K. Is that within your price range? I would've jumped but I shuddered at all the pain I'd go through finding a roommate.

But Haverhill? What is that, like 10 zones? Don't forget to factor in the $150 a month you'll pay for the T pass! Do wait for something closer to the city.
patb

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:32 am GMT    Post subject: Brighton too expensive Reply with quote

I nearly bought a floor (1200sq ft) in a triple decker in Haverhill for $148,000. I decided that I could not deal with the commute to my job in Brookline as I work 3 to 11. All I have seen in my price range in Allston Brighton are tiny places less than 400 square feet. I am grandmother, live alone in an overpriced triple decker rental (Dorchester) and would like to buy now that I have saved a little. I really want some space as I would like to have a bedroom for my grandson but can't go over $150,000.

I am getting a good interest rate as I took a homebuyer 101 class. I lived for many years in Brighton and would love to live there especially lower Allston but I don't expect to find anything there ever that I can afford. I am hoping that Chelsea will open up a little more.

I think that it is so unfair that even working class communities are over priced too high for working class people. Haverhill. Lawrence and Lowell seem to be the only possibilities in Eastern Mass. More bang for your buck there and I have a great broker who is good at negotiating Mad
patb

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, almost forgot the fare on the commuter rail to Haverhill (zone 7) is currently $191.00 mo. It will be going up to about $240 after the fare hike! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.