bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Am I stupid for not buying a house now???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
. $100K over ask was strategic

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard yet by these Millennial morons.

I’m 39, by the way, and worth over $1.5M. I also have a PhD in the hard sciences, from MIT. You?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I’m 39, by the way, and worth over $1.5M. I also have a PhD in the hard sciences, from MIT. You?

I'm 44, retired at 35, and could buy and sell you 5 times over. Made every penny I've ever earned from real estate. Like I said, your a moron.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:28 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

I'm 44, retired at 35, and could buy and sell you 5 times over. Made every penny I've ever earned from real estate. Like I said, your a moron.

I believe you are 44, but I'm sure you are living at home with your parents. Probably laid off at 35 and couldn't get a real job since then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to this MIT clown. Braggs about strategically paying 100k over ask and thinks he's the shit. Obviously mommy and daddy didn't get their money's worth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]believe you are 44, but I'm sure you are living at home with your parents. Probably laid off at 35 and couldn't get a real job since then
Quote:

Ya, OK. Do me a favor, keep buying 100k over ask. I need to add to my portfolio in a couple years when this bubble pops. I'll see you at the auction

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIT=Liberal, that's why. They all love this fake economy shit. Too stupid to realize that the past decade suppressed real capitalism. Now that the Keynesians are out of juice and ending the free lunch it'll nice to see those dumb enough to buy since 2015 get crushed
Elrond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]
Quote:
your a moron.

Shocked

So much hate on this forum. There's no need for it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Holy shit, this guy has cactus up his ass, and he wants us to believe this? Sounds like someone's pissed about missing the run-up in housing prices.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is ridiculous. Market is in biggest bubble ever in history and Mr MIT is dumb enough to buy into it. MIT my ass. More like GED.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Who the hell actually thinks now is a good time to buy? Seriously? Unless your desperate for a place to live, this has to be possibly the worst time ever to invest in real estate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Yep, it was an aggressive offer and I probably paid $50-100K under market. It's hard to price assets in a rapidly appreciating market. I took advantage of that. $100K over ask was strategic - I figured that six figures over ask, along with a 12 hour deadline, would invoke a fear of loss by the sellers. Loss aversion is a very strong motivator. You gotta be ready to go if you want to win.

You want 25-35 min outside of Boston, with good schools. That's tough these days. Brookline, parts of Newton, Arlington, Belmont, parts of Lexington, parts of Winchester could work. If you're commuting to North Station via Commuter Rail, Belmont & Winchester are good bets. If you're going to South Station via rail, check out Needham. Except for Arlington, you're probably looking at $1M plus for a decent house or condo. Arlington might offer you something decent in the $800-900K range.

Looks like most of the ppl like bashing. Thanks for some town list.
I checked Arlington but mid school is not so great. May be Winchester and Lexington looks good for everything. What do you think?
Elrond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I agree. Who the hell actually thinks now is a good time to buy? Seriously? Unless your desperate for a place to live, this has to be possibly the worst time ever to invest in real estate

Anyone else on this forum go to that auction recently in Brighton near BC? Had to be almost 100 interested bidders. Fucking nuts!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see everything good about Winchester and Lexington. Any one have any thoughts? positive/negatives about these towns? I am seriously considering buying in one of these towns. All kind of replays are welcome. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. Who the hell actually thinks now is a good time to buy? Seriously? Unless your desperate for a place to live, this has to be possibly the worst time ever to invest in real estate

Anyone else on this forum go to that auction recently in Brighton near BC? Had to be almost 100 interested bidders. Fucking nuts!

It's all good. It's part of the cycle. If we didn't have these unintelligent buyers, we wouldn't have boom and bust cycles. Opinions vary, but clearly this is the top of a boom. The next correction here will be massive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way everyone except Elrond signs on as "Guest", so protective of their anonymity.
I admit that I'm also using Guest, but I'm also not big talking and lying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.