bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Prices in Boston still rising but not the surburbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optimus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 am GMT    Post subject: Prices in Boston still rising but not the surburbs Reply with quote

http://realestate.boston.com/buying/2016/03/23/buying-a-house-in-massachusetts-is-getting-just-a-little-easier-so-far-in-2016/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't believe it, period. I think 2016 is going to be another year home price will continue to go up. 2016 is going to be another very tough year for home buyers. Anyone who think they will get a break from this tough housing market this year, either on lower price or higher inventory, will be very disappointed.
Richthofen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I mean the suburbs get hit before the metro area gets hit. That makes sense. I think housing is going to follow the stock market, since its all part of the same bubble. If the stock market tanks, we see a recession or job cuts, it could trigger more inventory on the market to try and sell before any perceived price drop.

I also think Trump is a big wildcard but moreso for the continued existence of the US, not just the housing market.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that Trump will be neutered by congress. He can't do much on his own. Doesn't matter who wins the election if the same worthless shits remain in congress.
Richthofen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Remember that Drumpf will be neutered by congress. He can't do much on his own. Doesn't matter who wins the election if the same worthless shits remain in congress.

I think Trump will use the executive order. That's how FDR got a lot of his New Deal policies implemented.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Trump will use the executive order.

Trump will just point at the dude and scream "You're fired!"
It really makes me feel good to see him winning all these full time politicians, but deep down I know I shouldn't vote for him.
But it makes me feel good, so entertaining seeing him say shit like it is.
Sorry, enough is enough, I will try to control myself in the voting stand. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Trump will just point at the dude and scream "You're fired!"
It really makes me feel good to see him winning all these full time politicians, but deep down I know I shouldn't vote for him.
But it makes me feel good, so entertaining seeing him say shit like it is.
Sorry, enough is enough, I will try to control myself in the voting stand. Laughing

He degrades way more people than full time politicians. Trump: "Women, you have to treat 'em like shit" - and there are a ton of other mysogonistic quotes in the vein. He says that about Mexicans - Trump: I assume they aren't *all* rapists. He says that about Muslims. He says that about the poor (ironically). He says that about disabled people. Please don't vote with the goal of turning the US into a bad reality show. Jerry Spring said Trump has gone too far. When Jerry Springer says you have gone too far, then you have gone too far.
MR

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:40 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices in North Quincy and Milton have only gone up in the past year. You can't find any SFH without serious issues like water damage under $400k now, whereas just a year ago they were still plentiful in North Quincy.

Maybe the higher end suburbs are hitting a ceiling, but the "affordable" suburbs are still rocketing up.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe the higher end suburbs are hitting a ceiling, but the "affordable" suburbs are still rocketing up.

You are correct. home owners and landlords are holding off selling any decent properties, due to rapid home price and rent increase, which is due to rapid inflation related to money printing and prolong low interest environment.
Currently only the worst kind of low end properties available to the market. Another kind of property flooding the market is the very high end ones. Both kinds usually are not attracted to first time home buyers.
And the ironic thing are, most of the new build home and condos are targeting the 'luxury' tier. yet what we really lack of is entry level priced SFH and condos, for those potential first time home buyers who try to move off from renting.
Remember the old slogan: drive 'til you can afford? That is what people has to accept as the current housing situation. When they can't find home they can afford inside 95 belt, then they have to expand their research beyond the 495 belt.
This is very irresponsible to keep the over night interest rate as low as it is now, to continue let price inflation go loose.
Yet jack up rate will cause U.S. to pay more interest on our debt. I can also see this as a conservative move to keep current economic condition unchanged, due to political reason mostly related to coming election. no one what to get blamed for bold move made before election, that could to caused any advantage/disadvantage to either side.
By delaying doing anything, will slowly pin us into a corner. The later we wait, the bigger the negative impact we have to deal with on rate raise.
I can not tell when would be the top of housing market, but what my guts tells me is, try to stay away from buying home currently, if you don't absolutely have to.
bsg61

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Home prices Reply with quote

From everything I've read (and you can't believe everything you read) the Fed will keep interest rates artificially low through 2016 and the presidential election that will in turn keep housing prices high in the city and surrounding areas - Arlington, Belmont, Watertown - and inventory low. A correction could/should happen in 2017.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
A correction could/should happen in 2017

It is very hard to say. I haven't see any big reason for rate hike yet. Any move like this that will affect globally, must have a intention behind it. Doing the right thing is definitely not the intention that we can count on.

It could also depend on the outcome of the election too. I think if Donald win, he will keep the rate as low as possible and as long as possible. It is not too hard to understand this, as low rate benefits his business kingdom the most.
Hillary on the other hand, might be less of a road block to rate hike if she won.
But we still need to find the reason of rate hike that would benefit the ruling of democrat party. If anyone can think of any reason that is convincing , then we could track and predict timeline for rate hike schedule based on it.
Dudeman

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone can think of any reason that is convincing

How about this one?
Rate hike will make US dollar more attractive in the global market, so it could be used to extract hot money everywhere globally back into U.S..
This is a very effective method to destroy other economies that has high ratio of hot money in it, that push up asset and stock value.
And if creating economic turbulence on certain countries become an higher priority than keeping U.S. housing market on an up trend, then rate hike would happen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.