bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Any thoughts on the East Side of Providence?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richthofen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Any thoughts on the East Side of Providence? Reply with quote

Tired of seeing the same old run down crapshacks in the Metro boston area. Considering East Side of Providence. Classic looking houses, nice pre-war street layout with sidewalks. I can work remote really from anywhere and the wife is at home full time so we are keeping that option on the table.

I've seen that my $450K budget would go a long way to getting us a 2,000 sqft house with a garage and finished basement, with a small yard and walkable to things like Hope St.

Anyone have experience? I hate to leave Boston but the idea of moving out to Wilmington or further makes me gag. cul-de-sacs and poorly planned streets. No museums or culture or decent restaurants. No access to anything without a car.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience living there but have visited Providence a few times (not specifically the East Side, so sorry if this isn't that helpful). It was easy to get to from Boston, both on public transportation and by car. I liked the zoos and hear the aquarium is a much better experience than Boston's. I liked downtown too, the one time I had occasion to walk around there - it stuck out in my mind that I saw several interesting restaurants that might be worth a trip back, especially given how easy it was to get there.

- admin
Elrond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall looking at Providence a while back, but my memory was that the real estate taxes were very high. Could be wrong though...
Twister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Eastside Reply with quote

Eastside of Providence
1) Beautiful and very nice pace of life
2) Great restaurants
3) Great people and culture
4) Great private schools/ Bad public schooling system
5) More affordable then Boston but taxes can be very high
6) Hope street is a beautiful area but do not venture down towards Camp St

Oak Hill is a very nice section with lower taxes just at the end of Blackstone Boulevard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Greater Boston Real Estate & Beyond All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.