bostonbubble.com Forum Index bostonbubble.com
Boston Bubble - Boston Real Estate Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPONSORED LINKS

Advertise on Boston Bubble
Buyer brokers and motivated
sellers, reach potential buyers.
www.bostonbubble.com

YOUR AD HERE

Go to: Boston real estate bubble fact list with references
More Boston Bubble News...
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website and in the associated forums comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied. You assume all risk for your own use of the information provided as the accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. As always, cross check information that you would deem useful against multiple, reliable, independent resources. The opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and not necessarily to other parties.

Where should we save our money/down payment?(preserve value)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Where should we save our money/down payment?(preserve value) Reply with quote

1) This will make you laugh and cry:

Drunken Ben Bernanke Tells Everyone At Neighborhood Bar How Screwed U.S. Economy Really Is:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/drunken-ben-bernanke-tells-everyone-at-neighborhoo,21059/

2) It really sucks! I just want to buy a house and focus on my own things, but they make the economy so bad now. Anyway, how do we save our money/down payment to preserve the buying power?

As someone suggested last time, I save some money in DanversBank, but the interest rate gradually became so low. Its started with 4% for $20k (more than that rate will be lower), and gradually turned so low. I didn't mind to calculate the exact rate, but I think it's probably around 1-2% if you have $60k or so.

I am thinking:
a. Open a Canadian dollars saving account.

Why bother the current rate, since US dollars will be worthless.... not to mention the inflation is much high than 2-4%. Canadian dollars account is very popular in Asia, but I am not sure if we have this option here.

b. Wait until the stock market stabilized and buy some quality stocks with good dividends.

Not sure this is a good idea. It's hard to time the market and it's the same problem, they are paying you worthless dollars.

c. I dont know..... Any suggestion?

PLEASE JOIN THE DISCUSSION! It's not just about our little down payments. It's very important to preserve our hard-earn money.
balor123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it parked in Ally Bank 5-year CDs. Only 2mo withdrawal penalty and 2-3% interest rates.
CC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thans, balor123!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bostonbubble.com Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, bostonbubble.com.
Privacy policy in effect.